Crochet bunny lovey blanket with african flower motifs

Print Friendly and PDF

Today is the first birthday of my little baby girl. It is amazing how fast the first year has passed by. The year has been both exhausting due to the sleepless nights but also full of joy and happiness. It has made me so happy to see my baby reaching each milestone (I think I will never get tired of it). It was just recently when I saw her first smile, when she first rolled over and started crawling, when she stood up for the first time and now she is already on the verge of walking. Happy birthday my darling! Here is a picture of my baby - the first one is taken today and the second one when she was 10 days old. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow!

***

Täna on minu pisikese tütre esimene sünnipäev. See on hämmastav, kui kiiresti see esimene aasta mööda on läinud. See on olnud väsitav, kuid samal ajal ka täis rõõmu ja tõelist õnne. Mind on teinud õnnelikuks iga uus asi, mis mu beebi selgeks on õppinud. Nendest edusammudest ei tüdine vist kunagi. Alles hiljuti oli ju see, kui ta naeratas mulle esimest korda, hakkas keerama, roomama, tõusis püsti ja nüüd juba kohe-kohe on ka kõndima hakkamas. Palju õnne, mu kullake! Siin on üks pilt minu tütrest, millest esimene on tehtud täna ning teine, kui ta oli 10-päevane. Kas pole hämmastav, kui kiiresti nad kasvavad!
I wanted to make a special gift for my baby's first birthday, something that is made with love by her mommy. So this crochet bunny lovey blanket was born. I hope that the bunny will be her snuggle buddy during nap time and she will feel safe whenever the bunny is with her. My first daughter had a plush bunny blankie that she loved very much. She has outgrown the blankie and could give it to her little sister but I wanted to make one for my second baby that is specially hers. As a second child she has to wear her sister's old clothes and play with her old toys anyway (I know, I am also a second child :)) so it is nice to have something that she can call her own. 

***

Tahtsin oma beebile teha erilise esimese sünnipäeva kingituse - midagi, mille on teinud armastusega tema ema. Nii see heegeldatud jänkuga kaisutekk sündiski. Ma loodan, et sellest jänkust saab talle mõnus kaisusõber uneajaks ja ta tunneb ennast alati turvaliselt, kui jänku on temaga kaasas. Mu esimesel tütrel oli ka pehme jänkuga kaisutekk, mida ta väga armastas. Nüüd on ta sellest välja kasvanud ja võiks selle väiksele õele edasi pärandada, aga ma tahtsin teha teisele tütrele ikka midagi spetsiaalselt talle. Teise lapsena saab ta niikuinii õe vanu riideid kanda ja õe vanade mänguasjadega mängida (olen ka ise teine laps, et tean hästi :)), nii et on tore, kui tal on ka midagi sellist, mida ta saab täiesti enda omaks pidada. 

I have had the idea to crochet an amigurumi lovey blanket for a while now. I have always admired in Pinterest the colorful and beautiful items made with african flower motifs and I wanted to try it myself as well. I used the african flower pattern that I found from here. It is a lot of work with all the motifs and colour changes but it looks great. Doesn't it? I admire the people who have had the patience to make big projects with the flower motifs. I used a soft cotton yarn to make the blankie extra snuggly and I love the pastel hues. The bunny head is of course my own creation. 

***

Mul on juba pikemat aega olnud mõte heegeldada beebi kaisutekk. Olen alati imetlenud Pinterestis neid värviküllaseid ja kauneid töid, mis on heegeldatud Aafrika lille motiivi kasutades ja tahtsin ka ise seda proovida. Aafrika lille motiivi inglisekeelse mustri leidsin siit. Motiivide heegeldamise ja pideva lõngavahetusega on küll palju tööd, aga lõpptulemus on ilus. Ma imetlen neid inimesi, kellel on olnud kannatust teha väga suuri töid lillemotiividest. Teki jaoks kasutasin pehmet puuvillast lõnga, et see oleks kaisus eriti mõnus ja mulle väga meeldivad need pastelsed toonid. Jänku pea on muidugi mu enda looming.



7 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Do you have a pattern for this (the Bunny Blanket)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it! I want to make it for a babyshower, but i have no idea how to make it. Do you have a pattern? With love Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shannon, I am sorry I do not have the pattern available. You can find the pattern for the african flower motifs from the internet though: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/african-flower-hexagon-crochet-tutorial

      Delete
  3. Do you know what you did along the edge after you joined the African Flowers? I love the little detail on that final round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the first round of the edge mostly with single crochet stitches in each stitch and to smooth out the gaps I the following: a half double crochet stitch into the next stitch, a double crochet stitch into the next, one triple crochet stitch into the next (in the deepest spot), a double crochet stitch in the next and again a half double crochet stitch. Then continued with sc in each stitch until the end.

      I made the second round with shell stitches - 5 double crochet stitches into one stitch, skip one stitch, make one single crochet stitch, skip one stitch, make another shell with 5 dc and continue until the end of the round.

      Delete
  4. I love this. Did you make the bunny head and arms separately and then sew it on to the blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You are right, I made the head,arms and blanket separately and then sewed together.

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top